Today was one of those soul days. It was creeping up on 40 degrees and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. I decided to hike flattop, which is a mountain we first topped in June. This time was a lot faster because there weren't that many people out, and my only worry was getting myself to the top. It turned out to be a little muddy on the way up, but the views were well worth it.
Unfortunately, I accidentally took all the pictures in black and white, and couldn't tell the difference while I was doing it because the sun was so bright on the mountain today and I was wearing sunglasses. Oh well, you'll get the idea.
Enjoy, all you armchair mountaineers!
The line in the valley below is the stream that follows the powerline pass valley mentioned in an earlier post
Looking into the Chugach range atop flattop--the peak in the foreground is my next goal
Looking at the Chugach as it recedes to the south toward Girdwood and Seward
The saddle of Flattop. The guy had his young son with him--he's there for perspective.
Looking at Mt. Susitna across the inlet; to the north you could also see Denali and Mt. Foraker, some real deal big mountains
Me, in shadow, as proof I made it.
Looking down the upper craggy reach of flattop; it is easier than it looks, but it's still steep.
No comments:
Post a Comment