11.06.2008

Invisible Ice Skates, Frozen Fish, and Jack-o-Lanterns

Many of our posts have included pictures taken at the University Lake Dog Park. For those seeking variety... this isn't your post! Luke, Elsa, and I frequent the off-leash park along with many other dog owners in Anchorage. During a typical visit, we see at least 20 other dogs, although we have seen much more during visits on "warm" and sunny summer days. The newest and coolest thing about University Lake is that it is frozen thick enough that people can walk on, skate on, and play hockey on it now! Elsa loves this feature.

If the computer cooperates, I will post a video that I shot of Luke and Elsa playing on the ice... its about a minute and a half long. I will also post some cool pictures of us "skating" during our daily visits over Halloween weekend!



Of all of the pictures that I have taken since we moved here, this has to be one of my favorites.

Almon family photo... it took three tries to get Elsa to look at the camera!

This was before I fell and bruised my tail bone!

This salmon will be well preserved, come spring! I walked over the top of him, frozen belly up in at least six inches of ice!! At least Elsa couldn't roll on this one and take on its scent!

Carving pumpkins outside in 25 degree weather on Halloween. Yes, the white you see in the grass was snow.

Check out my fancy lights on the far fence! We had about 30 trick-or-treaters... and it had dropped to the teens by the time people started knocking and asking for candy.

The sad part is that we ate about a hand-full of the seeds... the rest in a plastic bowl, on top of the fridge. Candy is better!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you train Elsa to skate well you might live the 'Alaskan Dream' and become a "Hockey Mom!"

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Elsa will be a pairs figure skater with that other dog she met at the park. She just needs to work on her triple axles.