One of those perhaps little known facts about me is that I can cook quite well. If I couldn't, this household might be eating a steady diet of T.V. dinners and macaroni and cheese. I'm typically not a recipe follower, but I deviated for this occasion.
Tonight I decided to forge into new territory; so, I searched the ever convenient internet for quick chicken recipes and came upon Giada's "Roman Chicken." It's essentially a mix of chicken, red and yellow peppers, thyme, oregano and garlic, prosciutto, white wine and chicken stock, and I added mushrooms to the melee, of my own accord. I think next time I'll use basil instead of oregano, but hey, it turned out well. We had wheat spaghetti with a touch of olive oil and parmesan cheese for a side (sides not included in original recipe).
For the recipe visit:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roman-style-chicken-recipe/index.html

The dish after simmering for a half an hour.

Plated with spaghetti, which is nicely complimented by the white wine sauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment