8.05.2008

Subaru in the Driveway

So, after securing a job and signing the contract, I decided it was time to join the legions of true blue Americans who drive cars. I still take pride in running errands on my bike whenever I can, and I'd like to do some research on the commute to work since there's a path available. According to my ride the other day, it will take between 35 and 45 minutes and 8 miles to get to Eagle River H.S. Nonetheless, I'm now, once again, part of autogeddon. I'm happy with my purchase, a 2008 Subaru Outback. I technically bought it used, but it only has 1500 miles on it. It was a loner for the dealership; so, they knocked around 7 grand off the top.

Elsa in transit, after a long day at University Lake Park. Dog Tired!

Back in the driveway, sun shining, still clean from the dealer.

Looking south down Mila Street. Carrie has courteously yielded the front driveway. 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Subaru.. Not the style and grace of the ol D50 truck, but it will have to do. Maybe some dog hair on the seats and Elsa spit on the inside of the windshield will help or a John Deere plate on the front. Guess you can jazz it up later after the new wears off.. Love you guys, B&P Haisley

Luke said...

You're right. It pales in comparison to the D50; it doesn't have that offhand swagger the truck did. I no longer am driving rolling history, like I was with the D50. There's 10 years of history to the D50, and two weeks with the Subaru. It'll take some time.

Anonymous said...

Nice Car!!! glad you were able to get the one that you wanted