12.19.2009

ANC to SLC to CVG to EVV in Screen Captures

Luke is en route back to what he calls "The Promised Land" - southern Indiana. I dropped him off at the Anchorage airport just before midnight AK time last night for his 1:30am departure to Salt Lake City. I've been keeping track of his progress since...

This was just before 6am AK time - 9am in Mount Vernon and 10am in Muncie. I didn't stay up over night to capture images, so I grabbed this one once I got to work early this morning. Luke's first flight was a 5.5 hour B757 ride from Anchorage to Salt Late City, UT.

Luke was still on the ground in Salt Lake when I captured this from the Delta Airlines website. His second flight was a 3.5 hour trip on a B737 from Salt Lake City to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport.

This is a screen capture from a program we have at work - Flight Explorer Professional. Luke's plane is represented by the pink dot in Northern Utah. The pink dot in southern Illinois represents an earlier flight on the same route.

Luke's plane is the pink one over central Nebraska. This was about the halfway point between SLC and CVG.

Captured from the Delta Airlines website.

Another Flight Explorer Pro image...
Closer to home then he will be when the pink plane lands - over southern Illinois.

Near Princeton, IN. Too bad this plane couldn't land in Evansville.

Almost.

In line to land. I thought this was the coolest of all of the captures - since I work in an air traffic control facility that has to line planes up for the ANC airport.

The red circle tells me Luke has landed in Cincinnati. Cool.

Last leg... courtesy of www.flightstats.com

12 hours after it all began.

ANC to SLC to CVG to EVV.
He gets to do it backwards w/ me on January 1st.

I fly out of Anchorage at 1:30am on December 25th. I will fly ANC to SLC to MSP to IND and should land in Indy about 6pm on Xmas day, as long as the weather cooperates.

I am afraid that the storm forecasted to be over the plains/Midwest could land me an over night stay in SLC or MSP. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't!

The Forecast Discussion from the Minneapolis Weather Forcast Office said this today:
"WHILE THE DETAILS ARE STILL NOT CERTAIN TRAVEL ISSUES LOOK TO ARISE
CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY...ESPECIALLY FROM THE TWIN CITIES
EAST AND SOUTHEAST. WILL GO AHEAD AND RAISE POPS IN THE
THURSDAY/FRIDAY TIME FRAME...ESPECIALLY IN THE EASTERN CWA FROM
THEIR CURRENT SLIGHT/LOW CHANCE VALUES. EXPECT THAT THE SITUATION
WILL BECOME MORE CLEAR IN THE NEXT DAY OR SO WITH THE TROUGH COMING
ONSHORE."
Wish me luck!

No comments: