My boss sent out this e-mail. I forwarded it on to Luke and my mom. Mom suggested that I share...
"I am pleased to announce the selection of Carrie Haisley, CWSU Meteorologist. Carrie arrived May 27th from Muncie, Indiana after earning a degree in Geography with an option in Operational Meteorology and Climatology from Ball State University. Carrie also brings 2 years of on-air TV weather forecaster experience from NewsLink Indiana. Carrie is an avid storm chaser with many pictures and stories to tell. After several years of storm chasing across the midwest and southern states, she is eager to tackle the forecasting challenges presented here in Alaska. Carrie has spun up quickly and has already joined the AAWU Convective Team and will be helping staff the NOAA booth at the Alaska State Fair. We are thrilled to have Carrie on the CWSU Team!
Please welcome Carrie Haisley and her husband, Luke, to the grand state of Alaska and the NWS Family! - Kristine"
6.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Carrie Michelle Haisley Almon, you make me proud to be your mom. Congratulations on your exciting career. I love you.
Thanks, Mom.
For those of you that were curious: CWSU stands for "Center Weather Service Unit." There are 21 CWSUs across the country. (http://aviationweather.gov/products/cwsu/)
All are located inside Air Route Traffic Control Centers and all CWSU meterologists give forecasts directly to air traffic controllers.
The Anchorage CWSU forecasts for 5,180,000 square kilometers of airspace over Alaska and surrounding waters.
I have SOOO much to learn about the weather up here!
Thanks for keeping us up to date. Paula and I check your blog every morning. The AK state fair has me interested.. Do they have moose judging? or dog sled pulls.. Sorry, it's keepen me up at nite.. Let us know.. Love you, Dad
Post a Comment