7.07.2008

Elsa and the Moose

Elsa has officially had her first moose encounter. We were strolling through Russian Jack Springs Park, in the off-leash area, and we ran nose-to-nose into a moose. It was a surprise because we were really close to the road (Boniface Pkwy), which is the eastern border of the park.

Nonetheless, Elsa was the first to see the moose; I walked within several yards without noticing. When she did an animated double-take, I too turned around, and lo and behold, there was a moose eating. Elsa rushed up the hill for a better vantage point, and I soon followed. The moose didn't pay much attention to us. Soon after, we headed deeper into the park, I heard consecutive car horns, and the moose crossed the road, I assume, unharmed. You definitely don't want to hit one (car + moose = totaled!)

As Carrie opined at dinner: Elsa is officially Alaskan now that she's had her first moose encounter. We wondered how she'd handle it, and she did fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that Elsa has met her first moose up close and personal, not only is she a true Alaskan but she is also in the same company as White Fang !!

We are all very proud !!

Anonymous said...

Carrie, stop opining at the dinner table. I've always told you that's not polite.

;-) Just kidding...

Hope all is well in AK. I miss you guys! I wish you could all come over for a cookout!