7.25.2008

Keys to the Kingdom

Today I received the keys to my classroom and a little tour. Here's the outlook:

I have the choice of a PC or Mac for my personal computer. The Mac runs all Microsoft Office programs. My projector is mounted to the ceiling with full visual/audio integration with my computer or laptop, if I choose to use one. There are three dry erase boards in my room and my students will sit at U-shaped tables instead of desks, opening up the entire center of the room. I have bookshelves and storage lining the back of the room, and my views from the desk are of the mountains. There is an available student work pod across the hall, where I can send individuals or groups to work independently. My room has four student computers wirelessly linked to a printer across the hall. I will teach two sections of AP Language and Composition, two sections of English Nine, and an elective which emphasizes electronic writing: Web writing, blogs, etc. The academic wing I'm in has its own teacher work space with supplies, two computers, a copier and printer. 

In other words: It's NICE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

our classroom sounds incredible - with the view you have from your desk, daydreaming could become a habit !!!
I
'll ask again what is AP comp.???? [ Remember , I taught 2nd grade and composition wasn't even a
word they knew !!!! ]

Sean said...

I'm expecting photos as soon as you start.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job!! So happy for you!!!