With plentiful bike trails, big mountains, hours and hours of daylight, and truly laid back people, I'm looking exceedingly forward to becoming a permanent resident. Oh yeah, and they make good bagels locally.
Only in Anchorage can you see advertisements at gas stations for "reindeer dogs." There are countless Subaru Outbacks buzzing around, both new and old, and just as many bicycle commuters. I haven't spotted my first moose in the city, but I'm sure it won't be long after I get back there on June 9th that I'll encounter one.
Thanks to everyone who helped Carrie and I through the process of relocating.
It is truly a "Big Wild Life" in Anchorage.
1 comment:
Haha, loved your description of Anchorage. its nice to read a positive description...maybe I shouldn't rat on this place so much. it is 20 minutes from Alaska afterall. but then again, I grew up in Homer so thats a lot to live up to. : )
Love your blog, I can see the love.
Have a great day~ Mrs. Sarah Ott.
Post a Comment