5.08.2008

On Northward!

Hello all. Welcome to anchoredat61, our attempt to share with family and friends our experiences in Anchorage and the surrounding areas. I have a list of photos I'm planning on taking, starting with the juggernaut of a grizzly in the Anchorage airport. He ate two hikers, and took more bullets than Tupac ever thought about bragging over. Now, instead of bobbing and weaving around wrinkle-faced turkey vultures in the middle of a PoCo county road, I'll be alert to moose glaring from the striped line. I'm sure they'll stop me a little faster. I won't have to worry about autogeddon until I get a vehicle. True to my favorite form of transportation, I'll be depending on my Cannondale mountain bike to get around the city. Very Alaska, I think. As of yet, I'm not employed, but there are 7 openings for English teachers, and I'm on it. Even if I don't teach, I'll have an AK license. 

For those who used to be part of the email exhange a couple of years ago, here's our chance to revive the banter and air enough sarcasm to put the most cynical comedian to his/her eternal rest. I'll enjoy hearing comments about what's going on in your part of the world, whether it's Posey or not.

So, to all who visit often enough to join the discourse, let your words ring out, I'll hear them loud and clear, even 4500 miles distant. Let technology allow you to reverberate!

2 comments:

Sean said...

I'm certain there will be strange, interesting, or otherwise noteworthy things that will happen here in the southeast U.S. that will be worthy of sharing with you both -- including the cats. Even if they do suffer the occasional concussion.

I'm going to miss you both -- and I hope to make the trip up to see you at some point!

Luke said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I assure you, Apollo is just fine and lying directly on the spot of the bed, sans carrier, from which he so eloquently departed and thudded to the floor, at probably more than the speed of light, based on his weight.